Friends and family often ask how I can remain so positive and optimistic, especially when the sh*t hits the fan.
They tend to think, “Oh, it’s because he’s got everything so good and he is successful in X ways.” True, success may lead to happiness, but I CHALLENGE you to think in the reverse.
Thankfully, someone explained it better than I ever could.
On a daily basis, I reflect on the bitter, jaded and negative people I interact with and pray for each day. Without a doubt, I know they are hurting. Their behaviors reveal their thoughts and they don’t even realize it. But with the science and logic mentioned in this video, I know my advice and optimism has always been good – not naive or irrelevant to others. And this time, I can share my lifestyle like Shawn Achor did:
Practice Ways to Pursue Happiness
- Observe 3 Gratitudes: recognize three new things that make you smile – for 21 days. Your brain will begin to write a pattern to see the world more positively.
- Journaling: writing about one positive experience you have had over the last 24 hours teaches your brain to re-live these moments.
- Exercise: active fitness routines teach your brain that behavior matters.
- Meditation: meditating detaches you from multi-tasking. Increases your focus on the task at hand. Prayers do work!
- Random Acts of Kindness: sending 1 positive email thanking somebody in your social support network not only creates a ripple effect of positivity, but a tangible revolution.
You can definitely do this on your own but I highly recommend you find an accountability partner. Someone who can inspire you to be at your best by simply listening to how you practically pursue happiness.